This service is only for people who:
- have symptoms of coronavirus and have used the 111 online coronavirus service
- have been told by a healthcare professional they have symptoms of coronavirus
- live with someone who has symptoms of coronavirus
London Underground has gone from being accommodating and understanding to staff listed as vulnerable by the Government to pressurising and trying to force them to come into work.
This is against Government advice and wrong!
Guidance on social distancing for everyone in the UK and protecting older people and vulnerable adults – GOV.UK
We are advising those who are at increased risk of severe illness from coronavirus (COVID-19) to be particularly stringent in following social distancing measures.
RMT SERVICE CONTROL BELIEVE LU SHOULD SUPPORT YOU WORKING FROM HOME, WHETHER YOU ARE IN SERVICE CONTROL OR NOT. JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE IN SERVICE CONTROL IT ISN'T FAIR TO EXPECT YOU TO UNDERGO EXTRA RISK IN THE CONTROL ROOM ENVIRONMENT SURROUNDED BY OTHERS WHERE YOU CAN'T PRACTICE SOCIAL DISTANCING.
*5. Avoid gatherings with friends and family.
RMT SERVICE CONTROL BELIEVE THIS TO BE IN-PRACTICAL AND IMPOSSIBLE TO ACHIEVE IN THE CONTROL ROOM ENVIRONMENT, WHERE YOU ARE SURROUNDED BY MULTIPLE PEOPLE ALL DAY AND CAN'T CONTROL THEIR DISTANCE. AS PART OF YOUR JOB YOU REQUIRE FACE TO FACE TO CONTACT WITH COLLEAGUES SO SOCIAL DISTANCING IS NOT ACHIEVABLE FOR SERVICE CONTROL STAFF.
Handwashing and respiratory hygiene
There are general principles you can follow to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses, including:
*clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces in the home
LONDON UNDERGROUND HASN'T PROVIDED HAND SANITISER TO STAFF AND LU APPEAR TO BE UNABLE TO SOURCE THIS.
RMT ALSO BELIEVE FREQUENTLY TOUCHED OBJECTS AT WORK ASWELL AS HOME SHOULD BE CLEANED AND DIS-INFECTED REGULARLY, LU ARE REFUSING TO CHANGE OR IMPROVE THEIR CLEANING REGIME IN CONTROL ROOMS HOWEVER THEY HAVE FOR TICKET MACHINES!
Ask them the following:
- Can you 100% guarantee my safety from contracting Covid-19 at work?
- Do you know what will happen to my health as a vulnerable person if I contract Covid-19 at work?
- Can you 100% guarantee or stop anyone else coming near me in the workplace and place a structure around my work environment to keep me safe?
- Can you 100% guarantee I will be over 2 metres from anyone in communal spaces such as toilets, corridors or mess rooms?
- Will my workplace and all equipment be fully disinfected before I enter it?
If they can't give you written assurance for all of these questions then don't risk it!